Friday, August 19, 2011

Ahh...Ryan

Got dispatched out to Philbrick's Fresh Market with the party going to K-mart.  I pull up and I see an a blue haired old lad with her arm in a sling and a scrawny guy with short cropped hair on his head and back hair sticking out the back of his ratty Old Navy T-shirt.

They start walking towards the cab and the ol' blue hair says in the most god awful, nagging, whinny  voice with an old New England accent, "Ahh... Ryan, can you open the door for me!"

"Ahh...Ryan can you help me in the cah!"

"Ahh...Ryan can you close the door!"

Now they are in my cab.  With that nagging whining voice she says to me, " take me to K-mart!"

I have only been around her for a minute and every time she says something I feel a little gag reflex in the back of my throat.

We get to rolling and she sets in on poor Ryan.   "Ahh...Ryan I'm going to need your help in K-mart!"

"Hmmph."  Ryan moans

"Ahh...Ryan you're gonna have to help me put the stuff on the registah!"

"Hmmph."

"Ahh...Ryan,  you're gonna have to put the bags back in the caht!"

"Hmmph."

I noticed the pattern here as I look in the rear view mirror.  I notice that poor ol Ryan has a look of disgust on his face.  I believe he was giving serious thought to jumping face first out of the cab to unforgiving pavement.  Right about then I pull up to K-mart.  They get out and i could see her nagging that poor ol' Ryan all the way into the store. 

A couple hours pass and several fares later I get dispatched to K-mart.  I knew it was for the old blue hair and poor ol' Ryan.

I pull up and I hear that familiar nagging voice, "Ahh...Ryan, put the stuff in the trunk!"

"Ahh...Ryan, help me in the cah!"

"Ahh...Ryan, close the door!"

"Ahh...Ryan, tomorrow you have to go pick up my presciptions at 9 o'clock!"

"Hmmph"

"Ahh...Ryan you go to church tomorrow, right?!"

"Hmmph...Yea"

"Ahh...Ryan, then after church go pick it up!"

I again look in the rear view mirror and poor ol Ryan is looking even more pathetic than before.  All I could think was that I understand wanting  to help out your mother.  But, at some point one has to stop being a door mat and grow a backbone and tell this bitch to shut the fuck up.

Just when I was giving serious thought to jumping face first out of the cab to the unforgiving pavement, we pull up to that old nags apartment.

"Ahh ...Ryan....."  I heard as I tuned her voice out.  I just couldn't wait to get them out.  Its been almost a week ago that I met her and I still cant get her wretched voice out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment