Friday, June 17, 2011

That poor bastard

I got dispatched out to Applebee's for a guy going to the Fairfield Inn.  It was kinda late so I was expecting to pick up a business man who maybe had a little to much to drink.  Another get em in and get em out type of fare.

As I pull into the parking lot I see him standing out in the middle of the road.  He gets in and says "we need to go across the street to pick up my wife."
Across the street is a huge strip mall with a grocery store,K-mart, a couple resturants and a drug store.  So I asked "What store is she in?"

"She is sitting in our broken down car in front of K-mart."

I just kinda nod my head and drive on over there.  As I pull up to the car, she starts getting out.  Suddenly her car alarm goes off.  The guy in my back seat is fishing in his pockets for the keys and the wife is visably agitated.  Finaly the alarm is shut off and the lady is getting in the car.  As she is shutting the door she stops suddenly and whines "Shit, I just dropped my ear ring." 

"Would you like me to get my flashlight and help you find it."  I asked

"Don't worry about it." she said.  "Im more pissed at him than I am about losing my fuckin' earing." she exclaimed as she was pointing at him.

So I started rolling towards the Faifield Inn.  That was the quietest car ride I have ever had the misfortune of being part of.  The tension was thick thicker than molassis.

As I came to a stop in front of the hotel and before I could put the vehicle in park the wife flings open the door and yells at her partner "I'm so annoyed with you right now!"  She scurried into the building without even looking back.  Leaving her poor sap of a husband to pay the fair.

As he is handing over the money;with a decent tip I must add, I say to him " Try to have a good night brother."

He mumble back with a defeated tone to his voice, "Yea right."

I have to that I really felt sorry for this guy.  I have never found out what the argument was about.  Whatever was going on it must have been serious.  But I must confess after almost 12 years of marriage better him than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment