Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Mistress

Denizens of the night often see things that often don't come to light during the day.  One would need to keep an open mind and try to see situations from different points of view.  I know, I know you re wondering where I'm going with this.  Let me explain.

About 3 weeks ago I was working a Saturday night shift.  I got dispatched to Market Square to pick up "Brad". (name changed to protect the innocent or not get sued)  Dispatcher tells me he is a regular so try to cut him a deal.  Well Brad hops in and he has a lady friend with him.  He tells me he is going to Stratham which is normally about a 40 dollar fair so I tells him it will be 25 bucks.  You know cutting him a deal.  We agreed on the price and were off.  The lady just starts blabbing about things that this guy obviously has no interest in.  After about 5 minutes or so of this incoherent banter the guys cell phone rings.  He answered it as fast as he possibly could.  I think he was glad to be rescued from the constant drone of her voice.  Without trying to eaves drop it came apparent that it was his wife calling and he was out with his mistress.

As soon as Brad got off the phone mistress lady keyed right in on him.   She was telling him that he needs to be more cautious or his wife will find out.  He needed to dump his wife.  He needed to spend more time with her [the mistress].  Just basically nagging the hell out of him.  Finally we arrived at the destination.  Brad paid the fair and gave me almost a 125% tip.  I liked Brad!

I now you guys are probably thinking Brad is a jerk for having a mistress.   Heck, I did too for a while until I put some thought into it.  I'm willing to bet that anybody reading this is no saint.  We all have skeletons in our closets.  With that said I put some thought into why guys cheat on their spouses.  I know I'm biased because I'm a guy and depending on who you ask I'm a low down dirty dog too.  But I think at heart I'm a good person and I really think most people are too.

Some guys cheat because there wife don't have sex with them as often as they like.  Some guys cheat because they don't find their wives attractive any more.  Some guys cheat because they are bored.  Some guys cheat because their wives only care about themselves. Some guys cheat because their wives nag them to death.  Some guys cheat because they need to and some guys cheat because they just assholes.

Now lets talk about the other party, the mistress.  For one she knows this guy has a wife and she wants to be the only woman in his life.  I think she is the idiot in the situation.  I'm not sure why this guy feels the need to cheat on his wife.  But I'm sure he gets nagged enough at home.  Also I'm sure nagging isn't a quality he is looking for in his mistress.  My advise to this guy is to have his mistress hit the bricks.  Find a new mistress or work things out with the old lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment