Sunday, February 5, 2012

When free isn't for me

Being the son of a professional garbage picker means that I'm predisposed  to accepting anything anyone offers for free.  Most of the time if someone offers I'm biting.  But in the cabbing industry you should never take anything that is offered for free.

A couple of weeks ago I read an article about a cab driver in Manchester, NH who is being charged with rape.  It appears he brought a drunk chick to his house and had his way with her.  Is he guilty or not, I'm not going to speculate.  With that said, he should have had the restraint to not put himself in that situation to begin with.

Last Saturday I picked up two young ladies and a gentleman.  One of the ladies and her beau went sit way in the back of the van.  The other young lady sat in the front seat with me.  She told me where we were going and we were on our way.  After a little small talk she says to me, "you're taking me home right."

Realizing that she was heavily intoxicated I stated matter in factly, " yea, I'm taking you home."

"No, to your house"  she replied in a drunken slur.

This wasn't the first time I have ever been in this situation in my cab.  I have never, nor will I, ever take advantage of a situation like this.  But this time it occurred to me that maybe this is what happened to that cabbie in Manchester.

"Nope, I'm dropping you off at your house then I'm getting back to work"  I shoot back.

With that I could see the frustration on her face and she screams out, "What, you're turning down free pussy!"

"Yes I am."

"You faggot!" she screamed.

It was quiet for a few seconds after that exchange.  The she started bitching about the price of the fare.

Finally we arrive at the destination.  They pay and they get out.  As they are walking away the drunk lush asked me one more time if I wanted to stay with her for the night.  I just ignored her and drove away.

Well folks its that easy to get yourself in a bad situation.  Though I would never let myself get in that situation I understand the temptation.  What would happen next is that the young lady would wake up the next morning regretting what happened and she would go to the police.  Now its your word against hers.  And being that the laws are in place to punish men for being men you are in deep shit.

So please guys be careful and ladies please be considerate and try not to put yourself in a dangerous situation with strange men as well.

I will put that link for that Manchester cabbie accused of rape as well.http://www.wmur.com/news/30288471/detail.html

No comments:

Post a Comment